Want to Help Your Teenage Son or Daughter Achieve Their Goals? Hire a Coach Who Understands What Your Son or Daughter ACTUALLY Needs to Know to Achieve Their Goals.
Once teens understand the basics of golf, they often become frustrated when they aren’t doing as well as their peers, their parents, or their own expectations for their game. Golfers in their adolescent years (especially athletes) believe that they should be able to play well almost immediately. After all, how hard can it be to get the ball that isn’t moving into a hole?
Maybe your child needs help understanding the basics of how to get the ball in the air consistently so they can play with their friends, maybe they are frustrated that they lose a gazillion balls each time they play, or maybe they are trying to take their game to the next level so they can play on the golf team. There are many reasons why your son or daughter wants to get better!
My Player Development and Personal Coaching packages are designed to increase your son or daughter’s knowledge of the how the game is actually played – from skill development to emotional management. My coaching packages not only teach the basic knowledge of the game, but will help your child understand cause and effect in their golf swing/short game, the importance of a healthy body, decision making skills, positive emotional management, and how to evaluate a situation to make a plan for success. Each student comes to me with a different set of knowledge and needs that I will evaluate to make their game and approach more successful – and more fun!
I have a lot of experience teaching and coaching at the junior high, high school, and college level. I really enjoy working with this age group in a one-on-one setting. Most teens tend to become more self conscious as they age, and there tends to be a lot on their minds when standing over the ball. I help them to sort through the metal clutter, to create a positive outlook, to deal with worry and negative thoughts, and to blend that with their improved golf skills. I also make sure to communicate with this age group as equals to make them part of the learning process. I ask a lot of questions, collaborate with them, and explain concepts allowing for them to help create their own improvement plan rather than me merely telling them what to do. By teaching students “how to think” rather than “what to think”, they are empowered to grow beyond what we cover in lessons…and that is the true beauty and potential of golfers in this age group.
Here are some topics I will cover with your son or daughter in my coaching packages:
- No one plays “perfect golf” – how do I play imperfect golf and still have success.
- Creating a golf swing that produces adequate distance and repeatable results (based on age and goals).
- How to get the ball in the hole around the green (and why it’s important).
- Decision making skills – measuring risk/reward and evaluating strengths and weaknesses to create a strategy that works for you.
- How to practice to improve – and that doesn’t mean hitting 500 balls in 45 minutes.
- How to react when things don’t go your way – managing thoughts and emotions to improve results.
- You can only control what is actually under your control, but you can influence the outcome based on proper execution of the things you can control.
- Managing performance anxiety, expectations for yourself, and what you think other people expect of you.
Not only will your child have more fun and success while playing, but they will also be less stressed and upset about their golf game – and who doesn’t want a happier, less stressed kid in their house!
Contact me at 763-267-7531 to sign up for a coaching package today. To ensure quality of instruction for each student, I am limiting my coaching packages to the first 20 participants who sign up.
LPGA Teaching Professional
P.S. If requested, “parent time” can be scheduled the last few minutes of each lesson to talk about your son or daughter’s improvement plan so you and your golfer are speaking the same language.